Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Our CRaZy December

We had a super busy not always awesome month of December. The weather has been crazy with snow and ice which has made our usual holiday activities difficult to plan. But we made it through.
Hannah received the principals award at school and we are so proud of her. She's had all A's this year and is learning the clarinet as well as the ukulele on her own time.
I love this picture. It took us days to do the Christmas lights....ok actually Jason, because the weather was so bad. But I helped! Notice Chase in the background. He was literally tripping over Hannah's feet as this picture was taken. :O
My sweet Bryce at the grocery store. We went to get prepared for an upcoming storm and were in line for so long. He was being so good though, so I had to get a picture.
This....oh goodness this. One of the worst nights of my life. I was driving home from work at about 2:30 am and the ice was thick. This is where by some miracle my van stopped before going down this embankment into a creek. I know without a doubt angels were there that night. I took this picture as I was standing there praying someone would come and help me. Two guys showed up with a truck and a tow rope. They pulled my van the rest of the way down the hill.
                                   This is our hammock. See how thick the ice was?
Breakfast with Santa at Chase's school. Bryce loved Santa this year. I think he gets it.
Our tree after the storm. It was so heavy with ice. We weren't sure it would make it. Trees were breaking every where but it survived.
We've never made a successful ginger bread house. But this one turned out great. Chase was ready to dive into it as soon as we were done. I didn't let them eat it until the day I was about to throw it away. I know...mean mom.
The neighbor boy helped me build a snowman. The other kids were too busy building a fort.
Daddy and I took Bryce for a night time sled ride. He enjoyed it and looking at all the Christmas lights.
You know how things never really work out the way you assume they're supposed to. We had to work so hard to get a good picture of the kids in their Christmas jammies. One. Just. One. I really like this one though.
For New Years we didn't really have a lot of plans. The stomach flu had just cleared from our house and really, we were just freaking tired from everything this month. We were going to have a party but instead went to the church party. Hannah and I played Just Dance. I was kinda proud of myself for having the guts to shake it in front of my ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive