Monday, May 4, 2015

Our Kee Kee

I remember the day I took this picture and thinking..."someday I'll be glad I took this picture." A week or so ago, Jason and I noticed our kitty was acting differently and quickly wasting away before our eyes. We had a very grown up conversation with Hannah and sort of with Chase too. I took Katie to the vet knowing the probability. The vet discovered she had kidney failure. Katie was 16 years old. We got her the first year we were married and way before any of the kids came along. Hannah adored her the most and was definitely the most heartbroken. We opted to bring her home and bury her in the backyard. It was a tough day for all of us. We'll really miss her. Bryce had just learned to say "kee kee" every time he saw her just a few days before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive