I feel like I waited and waited to be able to celebrate Mothers day and now that I'm at the time in my life where I can, on this day, I often question myself and my deservance. (if thats a word) I always assumed I would be a full time mom, and because that is not the path my life has taken I must balance a full time job and my family. Like many others I struggle with this decision emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I worry that I'm not doing a good enough job or spending enough time with Hannah and I worry I won't be there when she might need me the most. I've found great comfort in talks I've been reading given by some of the apostles about moms and the challenges and struggles we face day to day. This is a piece of one given by Russell M. Ballard.
"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be “full-time moms,” at least during the most formative years of their children’s lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part-or full-time; some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else."
This is a quote from Gordon B. Hinkley that I also liked.
"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done? "
No comments:
Post a Comment